Need to improve your posture at work? Here are some great tips you can put into action straight away!
If your office chair could speak it would say:
- Are you sitting all the way back in my seat? – Sitting all the way back in my seat, are your feet on the floor? If not, try a footrest
- Are my armrests stopping you from getting close enough to the workstation? If so, lower them or take them off.
- Is my backrest giving you nice support in your lower back as you type? If not, roll up a towel in the small of your back to fill my deficiencies.
- Are you still here? You need to get up and I need a rest.
- You keep sitting on the edge of my seat! Sit back, and try a footrest
- Don’t blame me for your neck; I’m here to support the rest of you. Your monitor must be at eye level and your keyboard nice and close.
- It’s been an hour, and I know there’s that deadline, so take the next phone call standing up and then let’s get going again.
Looking for personalised posture tips? Come in for a bulk-billed posture screening.
Looking for a great ergonomic office chair? We suggest Ergotherapy’s chairs – check them out here.
Image credit: Womens Health Magazine